Yobe State University YSU Post UTME 2020/2021 Session Released.
This is to notify the prospective 2020/2021 UTME candidates who applied for admission into Yobe State University that online registration for post UTME screening exercise for 2020/2021 academic session has commenced.
Candidates must have registered for the UTME and chose YSU as his/her first choice. Must have passed the UTME, by acquiring the minimum JAMB and/or the institutional cut-off marks or higher for the programmes applied for.
The Institutional and departmental CUT-OFF marks for this session are as follows:
|1.||College of Medical Science||210|
|3.||All other courses||All other courses||160|
NOTE: All candidates willing to participate in the screening must fulfill the following requirements:
- Candidates who applied for programs such as Education Arts, Education Science, Education Social Science, Arabic & Islamic Studies, Sociology & Anthropology and Biological Science should visit JAMB portal to change to appropriate courses as indicated below.
- Candidates who have not met the required cut-off marks for the programs they chose as their first choice but have the appropriate scores to change to other relevant programs must visit JAMB portal to do so.
- Candidates must have chosen Yobe State University as their 1st choice and have scored the minimum required cut-off marks for the Departments they applied.B.A (Ed) Arabic/English/Hausa/History/ Islamic Studies, instead of Education Arts;
– B.Sc (Ed) Biology/Chemistry/Mathematics/Physics, instead of Education Science;
– B.Sc (Ed) Economics/Geography/Business Education, instead of Social Science Education;
– B.A Arabic Studies or Islamic Studies, instead of Arabic and Islamic Studies;
– B.Sc Biology instead of Biological Science which is nomenclature of the department, but the program is Biology; and
– B.Sc Sociology instead of Sociology & Anthropology.
YSU Post UTME 2020 Registration Procedure:
- Candidates are to visit the Yobe State University Post UTME Portal via the link below to create an account;
- Candidates shall Generate Remita at any Cyber Café and obtain RRR Number for the payment Two Thousand Naira (2,000.00) Only application fee through Remita and print the slip at any bank. Note; Remita Retrieval Reference Number (RRR) is a 12-digit code that is generated electronically on this Portal and it is the only code for making application processing fee payment.
- All awaiting A’ level and O’ level result not uploaded by candidate during UTME/DE registration must be uploaded to JAMB admission portal for consideration.
- Correct and accurate information must be supplied during the post UTME/DE online registration as false claims will render applications invalid while such claimants will be handed over to the appropriate authorities.
Screening Examination Schedule:
The management of the Yobe State University (YSU) wishes to inform all prospective students of the university who have applied for the Post-UTME screening for the 2020/2021 academic session that they will be screened only online. NO PHYSICAL APPEARANCE OF CANDIDATES is required for the screening exercise.
Admission into universities is strictly regulated by JAMB, via the Central Admissions Processing System (CAPS). Therefore, even if a candidate has acquired the requisite cut-off marks, the University management would be constrained to admit the applicant, where the UTME subject combinations do not match his/her programme of choice, as the admission cannot, eventually, be approved by JAMB.
Direct entry applicant must have gotten the minimum ‘A’ Level qualification/grade relevant to his/her chosen programme. Please note that the date for the Direct entry (DE) candidates screening has been announced, visit the link below for details;
Also, note that only candidates who paid and registered for the Post UTME screening will be considered for admission.
Online registration will end on….
Best of luck To You all…