UNIJOS Registration Procedure for 2019/2020 Newly Admitted Students.
The management of University of Jos (UNIJOS) wishes to inform all newly admitted undergraduate students that the registration exercise for 2019/2020 Academic Session shall commence on Monday, January 27th, 2020 at the respective Faculty Boardrooms. Fresh Students, Central Registration Officers, Faculty Officers, Departmental Registration Officers, etc.
Fresh Students are please expected to take note of the following registration procedures:
1. Check Admission Status and Print Admission Slip.
2. Sign Up:
i. Successful applicants will be required to provide their active email and password to sign-up on the portal (https://portal.unijos.edu.ng) and a verification link will be sent to the email address provided.
ii. Open the email and click on the link sent and the system will redirect applicant to enter their login details (email and password).
iii. The system moves candidates to their personalized dashboard..
3. Bio-data Registration by Students
In the personalized dashboard, select My Profile and click Add/Edit Bio-data. Fill and complete the online bio-data and print five (5) copies. The candidate then proceeds to their respective Faculties Registration Venue.
4. Registration Venues
- Faculty of Agricultural Sciences – Bauchi Road Campus
- Faculty of Arts – Permanent Site
- Faculty of Education – Permanent Site
- Faculty of Engineering – Permanent Site
- Faculty of Environmental Sciences – Permanent Site
- Faculty of Law – Bauchi Road Campus
- Faculty of Management Sciences – Permanent Site
- College of Health Sciences – Bauchi Road Campus
- Faculty of Natural Sciences – Bauchi Road Campus
- Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences – Bauchi Road Campus
- Faculty of Social Sciences – Permanent Site
- Faculty of Veterinary Medicine – Bauchi Road Campus.
5. Senate Affairs and Admissions Division Clearance (Central Registration)
Meet the Central Registration Officers of their respective Faculties at the Registration Centre with the following:
– Original and photocopies of credentials.
– Five (5) copies of completed students’ Biodata forms.
– JAMB Results /Registration Slip.
– JAMB Admission Letter.
– Birth Certificate /Sworn Declaration of Age.
– Indigene Certificate or an affidavit from the Federal High Court.
– WAEC/ NECO/ NABTEB scratch cards for results checking.
– Affidavit to be of good conduct and non-membership of secret cult.
6. Faculty Registration
Meet the Faculty Registration Officer at the respective Faculties at the Registration Centre with the following:
i. Clearance from the Central Registration Officer (Senate Affairs and Admissions Division).
ii. Same documents listed in (5) above.
7. Payment of School Charge
On successful clearance from the Central Registration Officer and Faculty Officer, proceed by paying the forty-five thousand naira (N45,000.00) school charges from personalized dashboard as follows:
a. Select Fee Management and click on School Charges.
b. Then select School Charges and Payment and follow the prompts.
c. Print the payment receipt upon successful payment.
8. Generation of Matriculation Number.
Upon successful payment of school charges, matriculation number is automatically generated and student is provided with personalized University of Jos email.
Fresh students should visit their dashboard to see and note their matriculation number.
9. Online Course Registration.
The fresh students proceed for online course registration on their Portal on payment for Identity Card.
10. Verification of payment of School Charges.
Candidates present their school charges receipt to the Faculty Finance Officer (FFO) for verification. The FFO stamps and signs the receipt and returns same to the candidate.
11. Departmental Registration.
Meet the Departmental Registration Officer /Level Coordinator at the appropriate Department with the following:
i. Clearance from the Faculty Registration Officer and the Clearance copy from Central Registration Officer.
ii. Same documents listed in (5) above.
iii. Level Coordinator signed Clearance and five (5) copies of the Course Registration Form.
Thereafter, print five (5) copies of the acknowledgement of registration of courses and sign as indicated on the form. Submit signed copy of the course registration form to:
a. Level Coordinators/Departmental Registration Officer
b. Respective Faculty Officers
c. Senate Affairs and Admission Division
d. Examinations and Records Division
e. Student’s copy.
12. Hostel Accommodation.
Limited hostel accommodation shall be allocated to all students (fresh and returning) who have paid all current and outstanding school charges on a first come first serve bases upon payment of the prescribed hostel accommodation fee.
Interested students are to do the following:
i. Pay N1,500 for Hostel Application Fee using their Portal.
ii. Select available Hostel and a Room will automatically be reserved for a period of twenty four (24) hours.
iii.Pay stipulated Hostel fee within the reserved period or risk revocation.
iv. Successful payment of Hostel allocation will be formally acknowledged.
v. Proceed to Directorate of Students’ Affairs with payment Receipt for documentation.
13. Registration in the Library
Library registration is online on the University of Jos website. Print five (5) copies of the library registration form and bring them to the Library at the Bauchi Road Campus for documentation.
14. Registration at the University Health Services Centre
Access to the University’s Health Services registration form is online. Note that only chest X-ray and laboratory results from the University Health Services Centre, Teaching Hospitals, Federal Medical Centres and Specialist Hospitals are accepted.
15. Students Identification Cards
Identity Cards will be collected prior to commencement of lectures at the Security Office, Permanent Site after the completion of medical examination at the University Health Services Centre.
16. Important Dates.
|1.||Pre-registration of fresh students||6th to 25th January, 2020|
|2.||Fresh students Registration||27th January, to 21st February, 2020|
|3.||Returning students’ Registration||3rd February – 21st February, 2020|
|4.||Late Registration (with a fine of N10,000.00) only||22nd February, 2020|
|5.||Commencement of Lectures for all students||24th February, 2020|
Best of luck To You all…