UBTH Institute of Health Technology Admission Form.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the University of Benin Teaching Hospital (UBTH) Institute of Health Technology (IHT), Benin City for the 2020/2021 academic session in the following courses.
- Environmental Health Technology (WAHEB) Courses; Duration, 2 years ND, 2 years HND
- Public Health Nursing Officers Course (HND); Duration, 2 years
- Anaesthetic Technicians Course: Duration, 3 years
- Plaster Technicians Course: Duration, 3 years
- Dental Surgery Technicians Course: Duration, 3 years
- Occupational Therapy Technicians Course: Duration, 3 years
- Dispensing Options Course: Duration; 3 years
- Emergency Medical Technicians Course ( EMT / Paramedics): Duration: 2 years ND, 2 years HND.
1. Applicants should possess a minimum of five (5) credit passes in not more than two (2) sittings in the WASCE/NECO/GCE O/L subjects which should include English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics and Biology. Subjects obtained with NABTEB are acceptable for programmes 1, 2, 3, 4, 8 and 9.
2. Health Science is acceptable for EMT and Environmental Health Technology courses.
3. Candidates seeking admission to Public Health Nursing Course will in addition be expected to meet the following requirements:
(a) Registered Nurse (RN) certificate
(b) Registered Midwife (RM) or Psychiatric Nursing Certificate with one (1) year post qualification experience.
(c) Candidates with Bachelor of Nursing Science (BN.Sc) degree would start at HND II (Final year)
4. For candidates seeking admission to Biomedical Engineering Technology course, a pass in any of the following subjects will be an added advantage, Wood Works, Auto-Mechanics, Basic Electricity, Technical Drawing, Economics and Fine Art.
Method of Application:
Admission forms are obtainable at the office of the Principal, Institute of Health Technology, UBTH Benin City, at a fee of Seven Thousand Naira (N7, 000.00) only. Payments for purchase of application forms should be made through the UBTH TSA ACCOUNT using the REMITA Platform with the account name: Training Schools, in any bank in Nigeria.
Completed application forms should be submitted at the Office of the Principal, Institute of Health Technology, UBTH, on or before 31st August, 2020, while entrance examination to the various programmes will hold at the Institute of Health Technology complex, UBTH, Benin City at a date to be communicated subsequently.
SCHOOL OF HEALTH INFORMATION MANAGEMENT, UBTH:
SHIM is a Monotechnic (Health Profession) accredited by the National Board for Technical Education (NBTE), Health Records Officers Registration Board of Nigeria (HRORBN), NYSC and the Joint Admission Matriculation Board / Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (JAMB / UTME). Graduates of the school are now eligible for the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC).
a. National Diploma Programme (ND)
Prospective candidates must possess a minimum of Five (5) credit passes at not more than two sittings at WAEC, GCE, S SCE, NECO or NABTEB in the following areas: English Language, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry and any other subject from: Physics, Geography, Economics and Government.
Candidates who wrote the 2020 JAMB / UTME and had reasonable Jamb scores are eligible to apply.
b. Higher National Diploma Programme (HND)
Candidates must possess the National Diploma (ND) Certificates in Health Information Management in addition to meeting the requirements in a (i) above.
Holders of Technician certificates in Health Information Management from Schools or Colleges of Health Technology may be considered for admission if such schools have been accredited by the National Board for Technical Education (NBTE) and the Health Records Officers Registration Board of Nigeria (HRORBN). Such candidates must meet the requirements as stipulated in a (i) above.
Candidates with Technician Certificates in Health Information Management with Upper Credits and above, issued by Health Records Officers Registration Board of Nigeria (HRORBN) may be considered for admission into the HND Programme, provided they meet the entry requirements in a (i) above.
Candidates must possess Certificates or Letter of One-Year Industrial Training (I.T) from a reputable organization in the Health Industry.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
- Application Forms are obtainable from the Office of the Head, School of Health Information Management, University of Benin Teaching Hospital, Benin City from the date of this advert.
CLOSING DATE: Completed forms should be returned to the office of the Head of School on or before Friday 4th September, 2020.
POST UTME/SCREENING: Saturday 26th September, 2020 at the School Premises in UBTH by 9:00am prompt.
Best of luck To You all…