University of Benin UNIBEN Postgraduate Application Form 2019/20 Session Details.
The University of Benin (UNIBEN) invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the following Postgraduate programmes leading to the award of Postgraduate Diploma, Masters degree and Ph.D for the 2019/2020 Academic Session.
- Faculty of Agriculture
- Faculty of Arts
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Engineering
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Life Sciences
- Faculty of Management Sciences
- Faculty of Pharmacy
- Faculty of Physical Science
- Faculty of Social Sciences
- School of Basic Medical Sciences
- School of Medicine
- Institute of Child Health
- Institute of Education
- Institute of Public Administration and Extension Services
- Centre of Excellence in Geosciences and Petroleum Engineering
- Centre of Excellence in Reproduction Health Innovation (CERHI)
GENERAL ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
I. A Candidate for postgraduate studies in the University of Benin must have obtained at least five (5) credits in WASC, NECO, GCE (ordinary level or their equivalents,) NOTE: A CREDIT PASS IN MATHS AND ENGLISH IS REQUIRED.
II. Four credits at Ordinary level, plus OND (not pass), NCE, IJMB or Advance level passes or any other equivalent..
III. A holder of a Pass (Degree / Diploma) is not qualified for admission into the postgraduate programme of the University of Benin. In addition, all holders of 3rd class degree must possess PGD to be considered for admission into the Masters programmes.
IV. Candidates who obtained Master?s degree but with Weighted Average Score (WAS) between 55.0-59% can only be considered for admission into the M.Phil programme in the first instance.
V. A candidate applying for the Ph.D in any programme of the University of Benin must have obtained a minimum weighted average score of 60% in the Master?s degree.
VI. A candidate applying for the PhD with a Master?s degree from any other University who in his/her Master?s study has not previously taken the compulsory courses or their equivalents similar to the ones in the University of Benin shall, on admission, be required to offer and pass such courses with a minimum of 60% .
VII. Only students who have the NYSC discharge, exemption or exclusion certificate can be allowed to clear into the different courses.
Transcripts: Candidates should request their former Universities/Institutions to forward their academic transcript(s) to the “Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies”, to reach him not later than 8 weeks from the date of this publication.
Applications of candidates whose transcripts are not forwarded to the school shall not be processed.
Referees Reports: Candidates should request their referees to mail reports on them directly to [email protected]. or the Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies. Applications shall not be processed unless the referee reports are available.
Note: students are advised to always check this website for those courses that require written entrance examination. Please indicate your e-mail address / telephone when applying.
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
- Candidates are to purchase application forms online with a valid VERVE OR MASTER ATM BANK CARD for the sum of N21,000.00.
- The form must be correctly filled with all information required before submitting online and thereafter printed out from the uniben Website, www.uniben.edu
- The following documents will be printed out from the Website:- application and referee forms. Any form not properly filled will not be treated.
- Only candidate given admission into the various Pg programmes are to proceed to pay the total amount of Non-Refundable Acceptance fees as stated below Total – 60,000.00 Note: Acceptance fee must be paid before candidates can be cleared.
- ETX-NG in partnership with University of Benin receives and verifies all incoming transcripts to School of Postgraduate Studies University of Benin. Candidates could therefore request that their transcript be sent directly to School of Postgraduate Studies, University of Benin using the ETX-NG NETWORK
- To request and have your transcript deliver directly to School of Postgraduate Studies University of Benin, kindly use any of following links or options:
(1). Go to www.unibenpg.etx.ng
(2). Email: Send an email to [email protected]
The Post Graduate Screening Test will be announced soon. Keep checking this page.
NOTE THAT THERE ARE SELECT PROGRAMMES FOR SCREENING TEST
1, All M Sc. Programmes in the Department of Mathematics
2. All M Sc. Programmes in the Microbiology Department
3. All MA Programmes in The English Department
4. Master of Laws Programme (LLM) in the Faculty of Law
5. Masters in f Public Admin )M Sc. PA) in the Department of Public Admin
6. Masters in Public Health (MPH) in the faculty of Medicine
7. All M Sc. Programmes in the Physics Department.
All application processes must be completed by 30th September, 2019.
Best of luck To You all…