• Students of the Federal Government Girls College (FGGC), Kazaure in Jigawa State, lost most of their properties to a fire outbreak that destroyed six hostels in the school.

    It was revealed that three of the hostels caught fire on Wednesday around 9:00a.m. while the students were attending classes and the other three hostels were burnt by a mysterious fire on Thursday around 3:00a.m.

    Confirming the incident, the Commandant of the Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) in the state,  Mr. Muhammad Gidado, said that no life was lost, but that valuables belonging to the students were consumed by the fire.

    According to him, the cause of the fire was suspected to be electrical, as no kerosene stove or cooking gas was found during investigation.

    He advised the students to be extra careful when using fire.

    Stay updated with all STUDENT News plus other Nigeria Education news; Always visit www.CampusPortalNG.com.

    Your comments are appreciated, let us know your thoughts by dropping a comment below

    Don’t forget to share this news with your friends using the Share buttons below…

    1 Comment

    Comments are closed.

    1. Muhammad Yunusa Badamasi 9 years ago

      i thank god for making thr accident a safe one since noo life lost. i advice the school management to prevent the student from ussing electrical appliance

    ©2024 CampusPortalNG.com No 1 Information Portal for Nigerian Students