Things You Must Not Forget To Take To NYSC Camp.
This is another interesting write up for NYSC corp members we stumbled upon. Read on and enjoy.
20 THINGS YOU MUST NOT FORGET TO TAKE TO NYSC ORIENTATION CAMP
So Today’s post is concerning things you just cant live without in camp except you intend on borrowing or stealing?(hmmm).
- PHOTOCOPIES OF YOUR DOCUMENTS: just make up to 10-12 copies of every document required . There would be photocopiers in camp at maami market but trust me , it is double the price and it saves time. Statement of Result (Original and Photocopies) , School ID Card (Original and Photocopies)
- COPIES OF PASSPORT PHOTOGRAPHS: This is very important . from experience i would say you make up to 30. Reason being that you would need them at every registration point mostly. Then those of you who would likely redeploy , you would need more than others . It is always advisable to have extra copies of them too.
- CALL UP LETTER: This is a vital part of camp and the only evidence that you are a corper (otondo) and you are not impersonating anyone. so if at all you even forget you luggage (lol) never forget this. Word of advice —-keep it like its your life, do not laminate it o. i know someone who was sent back because she forgot hers. and also someone who had to beg and beg before his letter was collected because he laminated his own copy. So please o avoid all these stress and make enough copies of this letter like 15 .
- STATIONERY :BIRO , PAPER , GLUE , TIPPEX AND STAPLER :Yeah this saves time and lots of unnecessary begging. also do not forget to include pins in your stapler.
- ROUND-NECKED WHITE T-SHIRTS : this is an essential outfit in camp in fact in most camps this is the only allowed cloth to be worn throughout your 3 weeks . Even to church , you might not be allowed to wear colored cloths. You would be given 2 pairs of white t-shirts at camp to just fulfill all righteousness which surely would never be your size especially our very slim and small otondo in size . So you can bring extra pairs (3) . Word of advice: do not carry more than 2 pairs of colored clothes because you wont need it .
- WHITE SHORTS: i beg you please do bring yours , you would also be given 2 pairs of shorts which are really poor in material . they tear easily and are thick . it can be annoying. so my dear otondos bring like 4 pairs of shorts . Trust me also you wont like to wash everyday ,so bring enough to last you like 3 days so that you wont be stranded.
- PLAIN WHITE SNEAKERS/TENNIS SHOES: This is a very important outfit. you would also be given a pair of low quality tennis shoes customized for nysc. Its either you are not given your size . After the first wash it starts tearing . So just buy yours. They also sell this in camp , so in case you are not able to get you could buy in camp just carry extra cash for that because the price would be higher cos they know you have no choice than to buy.
- WHITE SOCKS: Just get extra pairs . you would also be given 2 pairs.
- A PAIR OF SLIPPERS
- DETTOL : This is very very essential . firstly the bathrooms can be very annoying and dirty and you would not like to have infection from camp. Bad idea. Also the water can be dirty.Most people always have reaction to it.
- MOSQUITO NET: you would do not want to fall sick in camp from malaria. Just bring yours. Also bring ropes you would use to tie it o. i also used mine as a room to protect my box and properties from thieves and also from some insects and ants.
- OTHERS: Towel , bed sheets Pillow Cases and A Pillow . you could also get pillow from mammy market.
- NOVEL :For those who get bored easily , please carry some . And for guys psp or chess. also iPod and mp3.
- CASH: extremely important. you would need between 15000 – 20000 for the extravagant spenders and for those that can manage say 10000-15000. There are lots of things that take up money . Things like food(for those who don’t intend eating camp food) , recharge cards, charging of phones , pleasures e.t.c
NOTE—- you wont be allowed to leave camp o. So do not be stranded , trust me not a good idea.Just budget 1000 per day . You could carry your ATM incase.
- ALMIGHTY WAIST POUCH/BAG:Very very essential . This served as my bank and locker for important items. Things like phones, money , id card , keys , ATM cards e.t.c I even know someone who sleeps with hers on because of people on the loose to steal .
- TORCHLIGHT OR RECHARGEABLE LAMPS: Most or in fact all camps do not give light except at a specific time of the day . Its very essential . especially at night when you need to use the bathroom , early in the morning when preparing for morning drills and meditations. at night in case you need to do anything . At mammy , there is always light till they close . You can charge them there at a little fee.
- BASIC DRUGS: like panadol or paracetamol , allergy medicine , menustaral pain drug , nausea relief drugs , antibiotics e.t.c . The camp clinic is always inadequately filled with drugs so help yourself.
- PADLOCKS : please lock your boxes and bags to avoid regrets and crying o . i know people who lost things to theives due to carelessness
- Toiletries/Sanitary Pad.
- Bucket, soap dish (buy at the camp site, don’t stress yourself taking one to the place, they always sell in the camp).
- PLATE , BOWL AND CUP: For eating . Important for those who intend on eating camp food.
Culled From: Evatese’s Blog
Stay updated with more NYSC news plus other Nigeria University news; Always visit www.CampusPortalNG.com/NYSC/
Don’t forget to share this news with your friends using the Share buttons below…
Your comments are appreciated, let us know your thoughts by dropping a comment below…