Northwest University NWU Kano Post UTME/ DE 2019: Registration Form, Cut off Mark & Screening Date.
This is to inform candidates who have chosen the Northwest University, Kano (now Yusuf Maitama Sule University) as First Choice in the 2019/2020 application for admission through the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB), that they are invited to register ONLINE for the post-UTME and Direct Entry admission screening exercise. ELIGIBILITY:
Only candidates who have met the following requirements are eligible for screening.
- Candidates must have chosen the Yusuf Maitama Sule University, Kano as first choice.
- Must have scored a minimum of 160 and above in the 2019 JAMB UTME or applied for Direct Entry.
- Must have registered in the Yusuf Maitama Sule University, Kano 2019/2020 Admissions Screening PORTAL.
- Must have obtained a minimum of 5 Credit Passes including English Language and Mathematics in SSCE (or Equivalent) at not more than two sittings for both UTME and D.E. Candidates.
- Must have possessed 2018 UTME result Slip or 2019 D.E online registration SLIP.
- Must have obtained the National Diploma (ND), IJMB, NCE (or equivalent) certificate or statement of result for DIRECT ENTRY (DE) Candidates.
- D.E. Candidates with ND must have minimum CGPA of 3.0 for Science based programmes and 3.5 for Arts based programmes respectively.
- D.E. Candidates with N.C.E. must have minimum of 9 points for relevant programmes in the Faculty of Education.
- D.E. Candidates with IJMB must have minimum of 7 points for Sciences and 8 points for Arts based programmes respectively.
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
- Candidates wishing to register should visit the University WEBSITE (www.nwu.edu.ng) and click on “2019 ADMISSION PORTAL” to register for the Aptitude Test or the D.E. Screening.
- Candidates should generate REMITA payment Invoice from the portal and proceed to any Bank nationwide to make payment of the Sum of TWO THOUSAND NAIRA (N2,000.00) only as the Screening Charges.
- Return to the Portal to complete the registration and print your Acknowledgement Slip to be presented together with other credentials during the Aptitude Test or the D.E. Screening.
The NWU post utme 2018 screening exercise is scheduled as follows:-
Date: Monday 19th and Wednesday 21st August, 2019.
Time: 9:00am daily
Venue: Yusuf Maitama Sule University, Kano
a) For UTME Candidates: Main Campus along Kabuga – Kofar Ruwa Road, Kano
b) For D.E. Candidates: City Campus, Gidan Ado Bayero Kofar Nassarawa, Kano.
UTME Candidates will be required to write an APTITUTE TEST in English Language, Mathematics and General Studies on Monday 19th August, 2019, while D.E. Candidates will undergo a Screening Exercise on Wednesday 21st August, 2019.
Candidates should come along with original and photocopies of their credentials and online registration Acknowledgement Slip for the Aptitude Test or Screening Exercise on the dates stated above.
ONLY CANDIDATES who have registered with the 2019 Yusuf Maitama Sule University Registration Portal will be screened.
CLOSING DATE: The closing date is Wednesday, 7th August, 2019 at midnight.
Best of luck To You all…