See NIN Registration Process for JAMB Candidates Here.
Following the announcement by JAMB that candidates who wish to apply for this year’s UTME must possess the National Identification Number (NIN), we hereby bring to you an easy guide on how to get your identification number.
The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) said starting from 2021/2022 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME), candidates will be required to present their NIN during registration. The National Identification Number (NIN) is a set of numbers assigned to an individual upon successful enrolment into the National Identity Database.
The NIN consists of 11 non- intelligible numbers randomly chosen and assigned to an individual to complete enrollment into the National Identity Database (NIDB). Once a NIN is assigned to an individual, it can never be reassigned, given, or used by another person, making it unique in nature.
How to Enrol for NIN for all Nigerians.
This is the enrolment of every Nigerian and Legal Resident from the age of 16 years and above. You can do the Pre-Enrol process online by visiting>> https://www.nimc.gov.ng/preenrolment-online/
- The applicant walks into the enrolment Centre with a supporting document.
- The applicant will be verified to ascertain if he/she has ever enrolled using the NIN verification portal.
- The applicant will be issued an enrolment form to fill if he/she has not enrolled before. OR the printed Barcode slip will be collected if the applicant had pre-enrolled earlier using the pre-enrolment service.
- Applicant’s forms will be vetted by a NIMC Official to crosscheck the information filled on the form against the supporting documentation provided and to check for errors/mistake-filled on the form. Note: applicants who cannot read nor write should be accompanied by a literate individual who can do the form filling for him/her.
- Applicant’s pre-filled information will be inputted on the NIMC Software by a NIMC enrolment officer or the Barcode slip will be scanned by the NIMC enrolment officer to populate all the required fields.
- The enrolment officer will ask the applicant to double-check his/her information for errors using the applicant monitor.
- If the applicant is satisfied with his/her demographic information, the applicant’s biometrics (ten fingerprints and facial image) will be captured subsequently.
- After completing the enrolment, a Transaction ID Slip will be issued to the applicant as evidence of the transaction. However, the Transaction slip does not confer the right to National Identification Number. The applicant will be requested to come back for the NIN within 1-5 working days, as it is subjected to availability of network, authentication, and verification.
- A National Identification Number (NIN) Slip is issued to the applicants after processing.
- The National e-ID Card will be issued to the applicant within 12months after the Issuance of NIN barring any unforeseen circumstances.
- Service Fee: ENROLMENT IS FREE
Availability: Monday – Friday (8 a.m. to 4 p.m.)
Supporting Documents: Walk into the nearest NIMC Enrolment Centre with your BVN if you have one and any of the following required Original and Valid supporting documents:
– Old National ID Card
– Driver’s License
– Voter’s card (Temporary or Permanent)
– Nigerian International passport
– Certificate of Origin
– Attestation letter from a prominent ruler in your community
– Birth certificate
– Declaration of age
– Attestation letter from religious/traditional leader
– NHIS ID card
– Government staff ID card
– Registered/ recognized private organization staff ID card
– School ID Card (private/ public)
– Tax Clearance certificate
– Valid immigration documents.
NOTE: Your NIN should be closely guarded by individuals and not revealed to all and sundry except to relevant authorities when requested (for instance it shouldn’t be disclosed online over social media and should not be printed along with contact details on business cards or other office stationery).
NIN FOR MINORS: This is the enrolment of every Nigerian and Legal Resident who meets NIMC’s criteria from the age of 0 to 15 years. Walk into the nearest NIMC Enrolment Centre with any of the following required Original and Valid supporting documents:
– Mandatory requirements for minors (Enrolment of Children)
– Parent /Guardian’s National Identification Number (NIN) Slip ( father, mother, or guardian’s NIN ) MUST be provided.
– Supporting documents and evidence of proof as to the Guardian to the minor (if Guardian’s NIN is used).
– Registered Birth Certificate/ Statutory Age Declaration.
All minors MUST be accompanied by at least one of the parents or a Guardian.
For further information, visit www.nimc.gov.ng
Hope this was helpful?
Comments are closed.
I will enroll next week. Thank you sir