Federal Polytechnic Ilaro Part-Time & Certificate Programme Admission Form 2019/2020 Session.
The management of Federal Polytechnic, Ilaro invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the Part-Time National Diploma (ND) and Certificate programmes leading to the award of CISCO Certified Certificate in Information Technology for 2019/2020 Academic Session.
NATIONAL DIPLOMA (ND) PART-TIME:
SCHOOL OF COMMUNICATION AND INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY:
Departments: Office Technology and Management (Secretarial Studies) and Mass Communication.
SCHOOL OF PURE AND APPLIED SCIENCES:
Departments: Computer Science and Science Laboratory Technology.
SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT STUDIES:
Departments: Accountancy, Banking and Finance, Business Administration & Management, Insurance, Marketing and Public Administration.
SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING:
Departments: Computer Engineering, Electrical /Electronics Engineering and Mechanical Engineering.
Duration of all programmes: 6 Semesters in 24 calendar Months.
ND (PART- TIME) ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
(i) Minimum of five credits obtained in relevant subjects at not more than two sittings.
(ii) Candidates awaiting the results of just concluded examinations can apply but if admitted, they must tender such results before the deadline for the close of registration for new students of 2019/2020 Session.
CISCO CERTIFICATE PROGRAMMES ON INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY (I.T) ESSENTIALS 2019/2020 SESSION
SKILLS TO BE ACQUIRED
Introduction to General Computing, Computer Assembly, Computer Networking, Computer Maintenance, Basic Software Installation, Basic Computer Operation and Computer Programming Language (C#, Advance Web Programing).
BENEFITS OF THE PROGRAMME
ACCESS TO SELF PACED COURSES SUCH AS: Get connected, Internet of things, C++ Programming, Cyber Security Essentials, Linux Essentials, CISCO Packet Tracer, Packet Tracker Mobile and lots more.
Duration of all Programmes: 3 Months (Summer Programme).
CISCO CERTIFICATE PROGRAMME ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
Minimum of Senor School Certificate Examination (SSCE/WASCE) Result
NO SCREENING FOR CISCO PROGRAMME
METHOD OF APPLICATION
All candidates are expected to consult the institution’s prospectus on the website or in hard copy to ascertain their qualification for courses for which they are applying. Candidates should not register for courses for which they do not have the requirements. The admission of the Federal Polytechnic Ilaro is provisional; ANYTIME it is discovered that a candidate registered for a programme for which he/she is not qualified or a candidate is in violation of any of the procedures and rules thereof, the admission would be withdrawn.
- To obtain the admission form, visit the Institution’s website www.federalpolyilaro.edu.ng or www.federalpolytechnicilaro.net and click on portal
- On the portal, click on Applicant, then click on Generate Invoice
- Take the invoice to any of the designated banks for payment
- Return to the portal, click on Applicant, then click fill application form and fill the form following on-screen instructions.
- The invoice and RRR must be obtained in the name of the applicant; the invoice must be generated from the Portal. The Invoice contains the RRR to be processed. The institution shall not be liable for complications that may arise when RRR is generated and payment is processed without going through her Portal.
- The authorized banks for this exercise are: United Bank For Africa (UBA) Plc, WEMA Bank Plc, SKYE Bank Plc, UNION Bank Plc, Ilaro Poly Micro-Finance Bank, Access Bank Plc, Ekuombe Micro Finance Bank, Zenith Bank Plc. FOR THE AVOIDANCE OF DOUBT, ALL TRANSACTIONS MUST BE PROCESSED ON THE REMITA PLATFORM
NB: ALL CANDIDATES ARE EXPECTED TO UPLOAD CLEAR AND READABLE COPIES OF THEIR CREDENTIALS. ALL CANDIDATES ARE EXPECTED TO SUPPLY PERSONAL PHONE NUMBERS AND EMAILS ON THEIR FORMS. HOWEVER NOTIFICATION OF ADMISSION SHALL BE VIA THE INSTITUTION’S WEBSITE.
Entrance examination dates for ND (Part-Time) Programmes will be announced later on the institution’s website. Venue for all entrance examinations is the Polytechnic ICT Unit, West Campus.
Time: 10.00 a.m. each day.
N.B. ALL ENTRANCE EXAMINATIONS ARE COMPUTER BASED.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ENTRANCE EXAMINATION
All ND (Part-Time) candidates are required to bring the following to the examination centre:
(i) 2 copies of printouts of the acknowledgement and examination slips.
(ii) Biro for filling attendance sheet.
To be announced soon.
Best of luck To You all…