FCE Zaria Post-UTME 2020/21 Admission Screening Exercise Announced.
This is to inform all candidates who choose Federal College of Education (FCE), Zaria as first choice and scored 100 points and above in the UTME examination of the 2020/2021 NCE (Regular) that they are to apply for the post-UTME screening exercise of the institution.
Application for NCE Programme is made on JAMB Polytechnics and Colleges of Education Matriculation Form (MPCE). Call for the application is done through JAMB and candidates are expected to sit for the selection examination on a specified date announced by JAMB.
Successful Candidates are communicated on their success and admission.
Candidates who are admitted into the NCE Regular will be required to pay for JAMB Regularization and their Admission would be regularized by JAMB.
NCE Regular / NCE by Correspondence Course Combinations
ADULT EDUCATION (DM).
AGRICULTURAL EDUC(D. MAJOR).
ARABIC/PRIMARY EDUC. STUDIES.
BIOLOGY/PRIMARY EDUC STUDIES.
BUSINESS EDUC.(D. MAJOR).
CULTURAL AND CREATIVE ARTS.
C.R.S/PRIMARY EDUC. STUDIES.
EARLY CHILD EDU(DM).
ENGLISH/PRIM. EDUC. STUDIES.
FRENCH/PRIM. EDUC. STUDIES.
GEOGRAPHY/PRIM. EDUC. STUDIES.
HAUSA/PRIM. EDUC. STUDIES.
HOME ECONOMICS(D. MAJOR).
IGBO/PRIM. EDUC. STUDIES.
INTEGRATED SCIENCE(D. MAJOR).
INTEGRATED SCIENCE/PRIM. EDUC. STUDIES.
INTEGRATED SCIENCE/COMPUTER SCIENCE.
ISLAMIC STUDIES/PRIM. EDUC. STUDIES.
ISLAMIC STUDIES/POL. SCIENCE.
ISLAMIC STUDIES/SOCIAL STUDIES.
PHYSICAL & HEALTH EDUC.(D.MAJOR).
SOCIAL STUDIES/PRIM. EDUC. STUDIES.
SOCIAL STUDIES(D. MAJOR).
SOCIAL STUDIES/POL. SCIENCE.
YORUBA/PRIM. EDUC. STUDIES.
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR NIGERIA CERTIFICATE IN EDUCATION (NCE)
- GCE O/L or SSCE with passes in at least five (5) subjects in two sittings, four of which must be at credit level.
- Grade II Teachers Certificate (TC II) /Higher Islamic Studies (SISC) with credit or merit in three subjects, two of which must be relevant to the course the candidate wishes to study.
- R.S.A or City and Guilds Intermediate Certificate or the Federal Craft Training Certificate.
- Associate Certificate in Education awarded by an approved institution in Nigeria or abroad.
- Credits in English and/or Mathematics may be required in some courses.
- Successful candidates in the Pre-NCE, (Languages or Sciences), final examination organized by an accredited body, would also be qualified for admission.
- The College may, in addition to all of the above, administer its own qualifying elimination tests and/or interviews for some courses, e.g. Physical and Health
Method of Application:
Interested Candidates are required to generate the College REMITA and make payment of N3,000 at the College Micro Finance BANK (ZAFEC) which shall be used to login for registration in the College Website www.fcezaria.net
DEFERMENT OF ADMISSION: Admission is not deferrable. However, after completion of registration in the College, a newly registered student may defer a semester or course(s) by a written application to the Academic Secretary through the concerned Heads of Departments. Such Deferment is valid only through a written approval by the Academic Secretary.
POST-UTME SCREENING SCHEDULE:
The post-UTME Screening exercise will hold in the College as scheduled below;
(I) School of Science from 7th September, 2020 to 11th September,2020.
(II) School of Arts and Social Sciences from 14th September, 2020 to 18th September,2020.~
(III) School of Languages from 21st September, 2020 to 25th September. 2020.
(IV) School of Vocational & Technical Educ, Special, Adult & Non-formal Education and Early Childhood Care & Education & Primary Education from 28th September to 30th September, 2020 and 2nd to 5th October, 2020.
Venues: Various Schools in the College as indicated above
Time: 10:00am daily.
Candidates are required to present the following items at the point of screening:
- Original of O/level statements of results / original certificates.
- JAMB 2020/2021 UTME e-registration slip and notification result containing the aggregate scores of the candidates.
- Evidence of Remita payment of the sum of two thousand naira (N2,000.00) only as screening fee.
- Printed Online copy of Expression of Interest Data Form (EIDF).
- Evidence of uploading O’level Result from an Accredited JAMB CBT Center.
- Certificate of Indigene.
- Birth Certificate /Declaration of age.
Please Note: Wearing of Face mask and physical distancing are necessary in order to comply with the NCDC guidelines. You are also advised to adhere to the dates and time slated for the screening exercise.
Application closes on Saturday, 5th September, 2020.
Best of luck To You all…