• Tragedy was averted in Abakaliki, Ebonyi state over the weekend, as about ten students of Ebonyi State University tool ill after eating African salad, also known as abacha.

    The students who were rushed to the Federal Teaching Hospital, Abakaliki (FETHA), ate the food not knowing it was infected by flies that causes cholera.

    The timely intervention of health officials at the hospital saved the lives of the students, who are studying at the College of Agricultural Science campus of the university.

    Director of Rural Health, Ministry of Health, Dr. Christian Achi, confirmed the incident, saying that the food was infected from the activities of flies within the environment.

    He urged the people in the state to cook and eat at home and avoid exposing their cooking utensils to flies.

    The director said citizens of the state should maintain good hygiene and avoid dirty environment.
    Stay updated with all EBSU News plus other Nigeria Education news; Always visit www.CampusPortalNG.com.

    Your comments are appreciated, let us know your thoughts by dropping a comment below

    Don’t forget to share this news with your friends using the Share buttons below…


    ©2024 CampusPortalNG.com No 1 Information Portal for Nigerian Students