Bayero University Kano BUK Part-Time Degree Admission 2019/2020 Session.
The Bayero University Kano (BUK) School of Continuing Education invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the following part-time degree programmes for the 2019/2020 academic session.
B.A. (Ed) Adult Education
B.A. (Ed) Arabic
B.Sc. Banking and Finance
B.Sc. Business Administration
B.Sc. Criminology and Security Studies
B.Sc. (Ed) Economics
B.A. (Ed) English
B.Sc. (Ed) Geography
B.A. (Ed) Hausa
B.Sc. International Relations
B.A. (Ed) Islamic Studies
B.A. Islamic Studies
B.LS. Library Science
B.Sc. (Ed) Mathematics
B. Nursing Science
B.Sc. Public Administration.
Mode of Delivery and Duration of the Part-Time Degree Programmes:
The programmes are to be run on part-time basis. Courses will be taught through normal lectures and practical classes to be conducted in the evenings and over the weekends at the Bayero University’s School of Continuing Education (SCE) situated on Aminu Kano Way, near Gwauron Dutse Hill within Kano City. The programmes will not be run through Open and Distance Learning (ODL) mode.
Admission will only be done through Direct Entry (Level 200). The duration of the programme is five years.
Applicants for admission into the programmes must satisfy the following conditions:
- Possess recognized Advanced Level qualifications in areas relevant to the programmes. Such qualifications include National Diploma (ND), Nigerian Certificate in Education (NCE), Interim Joint Matriculation Board (IJMB) certificate – (with minimum of 6 points), Nursing Certificate, and General Certificate of Education (GCE) ‘A’ Level;
- Possess a minimum of three ‘O’ Level credits in relevant subjects, including English Language;
- Must be at least 25 years old.
- In addition, applicants for admission into BSc Accounting, BSc Business Administration, BSc Mathematics, and BSc (Ed) Mathematics must also have credit in ‘O’ Level Mathematics; while candidates for B. Nursing Science must have credits in English Language, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry, and Physics.
Candidates with only `O’ level qualifications will not be considered.
Method of Application for BUK Part-Time Form:
- An applicant should visit JAMB Online Application Platform for UTME/Part-Time Degree Programme, select BUK, access the form, fill it and then make a non-refundable payment of Three Thousand Five Hundred Naira only (N3,500:00) into the JAMB’S Account from Monday 23rd November 2020 to Monday 4th January 2021.
- The applicant can then approach the University Portal – www.buk.edu.ng with effect from Tuesday 24th November 2020 and Click PART-TIME APPLICATION FORM at the homepage. Login PROGRAMME SELECTED and GENDER.
- User should create an account at the Portal. Username and Password will be provided.
- After you log in, fill in all the necessary sections provided by the Application Portal.
- Generate your personalized invoice. The invoice is to be printed and taken to any Bank to make a payment of Processing Fee of Seven Thousand Naira (N7, 000:00) only. Ensure you read the Payment
- Proceed carefully at the Payment Procedure Page.
- Review your form to ensure accuracy of all information you have provided.
- Provide your JAMB Number before printing acknowledgement slip.
- After completion, generate your Acknowledgement Slip. Print the Slip and keep it safe. The Slip will be needed during the collection of Admission Letter and during Registration.
Payment of the Processing Fee opens at Banks from Tuesday 1st December 2020and closes Friday 29th January 2021.
Best of luck To You all…