Federal Government Scholarship through Bilateral Education Agreement BEA for 2017/2018 session.
Federal government scholarship award application is now open. The Federal Ministry of Education invites interested and qualified Nigerians to participate in the 2017/2018 Nomination Interview for Bilateral Education Agreement, BEA Scholarship Award for:
i) Undergraduate (UG) studies tenable in Russia, Morocco, Algeria, Serbia, Hungary, Egypt, Turkey, Cuba, Romania, Ukraine, Japan, Macedonia; and
ii) Postgraduate (PG) studies tenable in Russia (for those whose first degrees were obtained from Russia), China, Hungary, Serbia, Turkey, Japan, Mexico, South Korea, e.t.c.
Bilateral Educational Agreement (BEA) Awards are scholarship awards made to eligible Nigerian youths after due process by development partners who have entered into Bilateral Educational agreement with Nigeria. These offers could be at the Undergraduate or Post Graduate or both levels as the case may be. The duration of the scholarship offer ranges from 4- 9 years depending on the level of study and the country.
Fields of Study:
a. Undergraduate level – Engineering, Geology, Agriculture, Sciences, Mathematics, Languages, Environmental Sciences, Sports, Law, Social Sciences, Biotechnology, Architecture, Medicine (very limited), etc; and
b. Postgraduate level (Masters Degree and Ph.D) in all fields.
A. UNDERGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP: All applicants for undergraduate degree courses must possess a minimum qualification of Five (5) Distinctions (As and Bs) in the Senior Secondary School Certificate, WAEC (May / June) only in the subjects relevant to their fields of study including English Language and Mathematics. Certificates should not be more than Two (2) years old (2015 and 2016).
Age limit is from 18 to 20 years.
B. POSTGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP: All applicants must hold a First Degree with at least 2nd Class Upper Division. The applicants who are previous recipients of Foreign Awards must have completed at least two (2) years post qualification or employment practice in Nigeria.
All applicants must have completed N.Y.S.C. Age limit is 35 years for Masters and 40 years for Ph.D.
How To Apply for Federal Government Scholarship:
All qualified candidates are advised to:
- Visit Federal Ministry of Education portal via; www.education.gov.ng
- Supply a valid email address and password on the “CREATE ACCOUNT” form to register. If you have registered, you can access the application form using the same email and password through the “Log In” form.
- Please note that you are to fill out and save your information on each of the sections on the form one after the other thereafter submit your application on the last section of the form.
- You can go back to any of the sections to edit your information and save again as much as may be necessary before the application deadline.
- Be informed that all asteric ( * ) fields are compulsory.
- You can navigate through the form using the “section links” on the left side of the form or via the “Previous” and “Next” links on both the top and botttom of the form.
NOTE/ Warning: Double Entries will be disqualified!
NB: (i) Since the BEA countries are non-English speaking, applicants should be prepared to undertake a mandatory one year foreign language of the country of choice which will be the standard medium of instruction; and
(ii) All applicants for Hungarian Scholarship must visit the website: www.stipendumhungaricum.hu before 10th February, 2017.
- Complete the application form online
- Print the completed form and bring to the venue in addition to BEA application form.
Interview Date and Venue:
All eligible applicants are to report for interview at the venues scheduled for their respective Zones of origin for proper identification. Two sets of the Printed Completed application forms should be submitted at the various interview centres with the following attachments:
- Two sets of Photocopies of Educational Certificates and Testimonials of previous schools attended with the originals for sighting;
- One certificate is accepted i.e WAEC of May/ June only;
- Two copies of Birth certificate from National Population Commission;
- State of Origin /L.G.A. certificate duly signed, stamped and dated;
- Four (4) passport sized coloured photographs on white background;
- Academic transcripts and NYSC certificates will be required from applicants for Postgraduate Studies.
The 2017/2018 Federal Government Scholarship BEA interview will hold as follows;
TIME: 9.00 A.M DAILY
NB: Candidates nominated and finally selected by the awarding BEA countries will be required to submit to Federal Scholarship Board the following:
i) Authenticated copies of academic certificates
ii) Data page of current International passport
iii) Specified Medical Reports from Government Hospitals and
iv) Police clearance certificate where necessary.
Best of luck To You all…