NECO National Common Entrance Examination NCEE 2017 Registration Details Announced.
The National Examination Council, NECO, invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the National Common Entrance Examination, NCEE, for admission into Junior Secondary School (JSS 1) of Federal Government Unity Colleges for 2017/2018 Academic Session.
- Final year Pupils of Primary Schools who shall NOT be less than 10 years or more than 13 years by September, 2017.
National Common Entrance Registration Procedure:
a. Registration: Strictly On-Line.
b. Candidates within Nigeria;
- Heads of Primary Schools should contact either their State Ministries of Education or NECO State Offices to obtain Scratch Cards at the rate of N2,500.00 (Two Thousand Five Hundred Naira) and Stamp Duty of N50.00 (Fifty Naira) only per Candidate, after payment into NECO Treasury Single Account (TSA) in any of the Commercial Banks.
- Private Candidates can also obtain scratch cards from NECO State Offices Nationwide at the rate of N2,500.00 (Two Thousand Five Hundred naira) and Stamp Duty of N50.00 (Fifty Naira) per Candidate, after payment into NECO Treasury Single Account (TSA) in any of the Commercial Banks.
c. Overseas Candidates (Europe and other overseas Countries);
High Commissions, Embassies or Consulates should collect scratch cards from the nearest NECO State Office after the payment of $400.00 into NECO Treasury Single Account (TSA) in any of the Commercial Banks. Overseas Candidates should Note that Examination Centres are only within the Country.
d. Online Registration Procedure:
To register a candidate, the Head teacher / teacher should:
- Click on >>www.mynecoexams.com<<
- Enter Pin number and Serial number on the scratch card.
- Enter registration details and upload passport photograph of the candidate.
- Print the candidate’s Photocard to obtain his/her registration and centre numbers.
NOTE: Change of Name, Date of Birth and State of Origin will not be entertained after the conduct of the examination.
e. Candidates are to choose any two of the following Federal Government Unity Colleges i.e First (1st) and Second (2nd) Choice.
To see list of Federal Government Unity Schools, click on the link below;
Blind Candidates: Blind candidates are to register like everyone. However, they are to notify the NECO State Officer of the State where they intend to write the examination not later than 3 weeks to the commencement of the examination.
Common Entrance Exam Date & Details:
The National Common Entrance Examination will be held nationwide on Saturday, 8th April, 2017. The examination will consist of the following:
Part A – Mathematics and General Science
Part B – Quantitative and Vocational Aptitude
Part A – English and Social Studies
Part B – Verbal Aptitude.
NOTE: Each candidate is expected to download one clear copy of the Photocard from the cyber-café where he/she registers, which is expected to be presented at the examination hall.
Registration Closing Date:
The registration period is from Monday, 6th February, 2017 to Monday, 27th March, 2017. The website will be closed on Monday, 27th March 2017 at 12.00 midnight, with no further access to it.
Best of luck To You all…