University of Birmingham-UKEAS Nigeria Outstanding Achievement Scholarship Award Application Details.
The University of Birmingham is pleased to announce the award of 4 scholarships to Nigerian domiciled students applying for entry to an undergraduate programme at the University starting September 2017. The scholarships will be awarded to the highest performing students starting their University of Birmingham programme in 2017/2018 academic year.
- Level of Study – Any Undergraduate
- Subject area – Arts and Law, Life and Environmental Sciences, Social Sciences
- Nationality – Overseas (Non-EU), Nigeria
- Type of Award – External, University
- Value of Award – The scholarship awards are for £5,000 towards tuition fees (for the first year only) of a full time undergraduate degree programme at the University starting September 2017.
Please note that students already registered and studying on a programme at the University of Birmingham in the UK, and students applying for MBChB Medicine and Surgery or BDS Dental Surgery are not eligible for this scholarship.
In order to be eligible, candidates must:
- Have received an offer and selected the University of Birmingham as their firm choice for a full time undergraduate programme starting September 2017. The student must be entering the first year of an undergraduate programme based at Birmingham’s UK campus.
- Meet the academic conditions of their offer to the programme.
- Be classed as Nigerian national or domiciled/ resident.
- Be classed by the University as an overseas fee payer for tuition fee purposes and be able to pay the outstanding tuition fees not covered by the scholarship.
- Have sufficient funds to cover the full cost of living at the University of Birmingham, plus any visa/ travel expenses associated with studying in the UK.
- Start their studies at the University in September 2017 (the scholarship award may not be deferred).
How to Apply:
To apply for the scholarship students will need to have accepted an offer from Birmingham, have selected Birmingham as their firm choice, and be in contact with one of our local representatives listed below by the scholarship deadline.
For further information please contact the UKEAS local representatives at:
- Bridge House Counselling
1/3, Olagunsoye Oyinlola Street, 2nd Avenue Estate, Ikoyi, Lagos
- SI-UK, Lagos Office
2nd Floor, 84 Opebi Road, Ikeja, Lagos
- UKEAS, Lagos, Nigeria
Contact: John Ojeogwu
Address: UKEAS Nigeria, 76 Opebi Road, Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria
Selection for the award will be based on academic merit. No interview will be required.
Deadline for applying is on 31st May, 2017. Decisions will be announced in mid-July and the scholarships will be awarded upon the students’ enrolment in September 2017.
Best of luck To You all…